We're After The Same Rainbow's End

Posted by on Monday, June 11, 2012

Posted 5/28/2010


So I'm back home. 

On a tiny piece of land in the largest ocean on Earth. In a small town of idle ocean scenery, broken rain clouds, wild orchids growing here and there (I love them) and smiles full of "aloha". Being back in this place is always something quiet for me, and I like that. Things are also very simple here, and I think it's something that everyone kind of needs at some point in their lives. 

I've been dying to take constellation pictures since I've gotten back, but it's been raining on and off for over a week, and the sky hasn't been clear at all. 

My days mostly consist of cooking, sleep, pictures, Chinese, and dealing with my energetic new dog, Kappa. He's grown a lot the last time I saw him during Winter, but he's still small--which is a bummer because I miss having a big, lovable pet to put my arms around. Kokoa's still an old, grumpy fatty. I love teasing him. 

I've also been listening to a lot of 方大同 (Khalil Fong). Specifically, I've been listening to his remake of "Moon River", that of which I fell in love with immediately upon first listening. I'm not a big fan of the old version, and I really like his interpretation. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL-0RurzyII&feature=related

I'm still trying to figure out--put a name on the feelings that it brings up in me, but as far as I can tell, it's sort of made me realize something: When it comes down to it, everyone's the same. We all want the same thing. 

We just want to experience that feeling of content when finally finding whatever it is we've been looking for. 


Some still don't even know what they want, but they can still feel some kind of deficit, they can still feel as though something's lacking, missing. 

And this is what drives us: to put a stop to the leak as best we can. 






To feel whole and complete, 




or whatever that means. 






Cheers, 


Dubby

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.