Overrated Boys, and Attention-Starved Girls

Posted by on Monday, June 11, 2012

Posted:  11/4/2008




How exactly do you define "college life"?

A period of time of absolute promiscuity?

A period of time of intense intellectual depth and realization?

A period of freedom?

I try very hard not to label and/or define the experiences that I have not yet to take part in. Despite that, however, I can't help but always expect something. Does that make sense? 

I don't know exactly what it is I'm hoping to expect, it's just this feeling in the back of my mind when I'm out with my friends, when I'm at a party, or any large "liberal" social event. 

Should I let her flirt with me?

Should I let him make a move?

I find myself in situations where my morals are constantly tested--and man, it sucks. 

Is it wrong to indulge?

Is it right to let the opportunity pass by?

Every situation differs, of course, but the uncertainty still remains.

I keep telling myself, "Whatever. Whatever happens, happens. I'll just take things as they come--unexpected, unpredicted." 

--and then I get excited.

I also get scared.

What is it, exactly?--What scares me?


I don't know.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.