I've been having some pretty vivid dreams lately.

Posted by on Monday, June 11, 2012


Posted 2/3/2011


I only remember bits and pieces of it now, but they were extremely life-like and random.

The night of Tuesday Feb. 2, 2011:

A group of students and I were at Professor Jeng's house, an esteemed professor who invited us over for dinner.  He was light-hearted and witty, much like the Paul we know in real-life.  Later on he showed us his "life's work" on how he was using plants to artificially synthesize different parts of the human nervous system.  It was very fascinating.


The night of Wednesday Feb. 3, 2011

I remember eating snow, and experiencing the ridiculous amount of joy I get feeling it melt in my mouth.  Except this time it was odd, and I found myself in disgust upon realizing that there were grains of sand in the portion that I ate.  I could feel the grains sliding between my molars as I pushed them together.  Then, suddenly, my surroundings were becoming distorted.  Landscapes were shifting, people were disappearing.  And in the midst of it all, with desperate eyes and frightened voice, I mustered up the courage to ask Theresa:  "Am I dreaming?--Is this real?"  And she looked at me.  With a look that seemed like she wanted to tell me the truth, but had chosen not to for the sake of my well-being.  And as her mouth opened to allow her answer to escape, nothing came out.

 At that instant my alarm clock woke me up.  


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.