I'm Dreaming, They Said

Posted by on Monday, June 11, 2012

Posted 2/4/2010




My post to spotted at Brown about something I wrote on the whiteboard during the last few days of the semester at the Rock floor A:

I spotted the response you wrote to my question on the white board of the A floor on the Rock. It was during the last few days of finals last semester: I wrote in Chinese: Can you differentiate between reality and non-reality? You replied with an honest, beautiful response-- I can't fully remember, but this was the ending of your reply in Chinese: "I'm actually dreaming". I want to meet you. Pleasefindthis. 


And your supposed reply on spotted at Brown:

I spotted you here, wanting to meet me. I spotted the Chinese characters you wrote on the whiteboard in the Rock last semester. You asked, "Can you differentiate between reality and non-reality?" and I responded with an adaption from the poet Xu Zhi Mo, "I do not know which way the wind blows, for I am actually dreaming." Perhaps we will meet on that whiteboard again, for I am still here dreaming.


If this is some cruel asshole poking fun at me (which it most likely is), fuck you. But if it isn't, I don't care who you are, your elegant words struck me. I just want to meet you and thank you for making the last few days of finals (especially when writing a 31 page essay on suicide) bearable. It was nice, melancholic and sweet in a subtle way. 


I hope we keep talking. 

I will post another response in Chinese on the WhiteBoard soon. 


Dubby

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.