Good Morning, Fire Eater

Posted by on Sunday, April 19, 2009


Jesus Christ, freshman year at Brown is almost coming to an end--WTF happened?



Lately, while walking through the blossoming trees in Wriston Quad and the Main Green, something's been striking me:  I can't believe that I'm here.  It's sometimes still really hard to realize, but when I do, it catches me by surprise--and I'm so grateful for it.  My life has changed so much since I've been here, I've learned so many new things, made so many new friends.  I honestly think that if I were to stay home, I would be really, really unhappy.

Pretty much most of the friendships I've had have been screwed over.  Oh well, at least I know who my true friends are back at home.

Haha, it also beats slowly rotting on that island.  I like how some people say stuff like "I hate when people act like this place is so horrible,"  when they haven't even experienced life somewhere else.  It makes me laugh.  

I love Hawaii, it's my home, and it will always be my home--but the world is so much more bigger than that, so many new places to see, new people to meet, new cultures to learn.

Now that Spring is coming to Brown, I can feel like every thing's coming back to life, experiencing all of the seasons is a wonderful, wonderful thing.  I think I still like autumn the most, though, haha.  

I can't wait to go back home, to see my grandma, my good friends.  I want to be able to cook like her, to preserve her memory.  I was supposed to do that during winter break, but we never got around to doing it, so hopefully he'll have more time this summer.

So, for the first month of summer break, I'm going to be home, hanging out with friends and family, and reviewing my entire year's worth of chinese.  The next two months of break, I'll be in Beijing in a Chinese intensive language program, and then the last month of break, I'll be back home before I enter sophomore year of college.  

RANDOM NOTE:  Emma Watson (the chick that plays Hermione in Harry Potter) is coming to Brown!  Haha, I'm not really that stoked or anything, but I just thought I'd say that.  I really hope she has a good experience here and that she has the time of her life.

Other than that, things have been pretty okay with me I guess.  Still lonely and what not, but relatively okay, eh.

Tae Kwon Do's pretty good, as always.  We end our first year on May 2nd ;_; !  I'm pretty sad about that, blah.  

The years really do go by quick, even more so when you have so many things to do and so many opportunities to choose from, so many friends to laugh with, so many stories to be told.


Dub Dub 




Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.